Standing by: CHC websites are usually very slow
Out of the CHC websites surveyed
3 Things to Know:
- Speed matters. More than 50% of people leave a page when it takes more than 3.0 seconds to load. Healthcare websites in general often take more than 5.0 seconds to load (mobile and desktop), so the category as a whole has a speed issue and an SEO issue, since Google uses speed as a site ranking factor.
- A mobile reminder. Mobile pages are evaluated separately for SEO results – they don’t inherit the main site’s SEO ranking. So consider mobile site design and loading speed as a separate but parallel issue to the performance of your main site.
About the drinkcaffeine Health Center Website Study:
- A sample of 237 Community Health Center websites nationally
- Each one evaluated on 12 essential performance criteria
- Confidence interval/Margin of Error: 5.8% with 95% confidence
When you’re ready to use data to solve healthcare communications problems, contact us.