Invisible Providers: CHC websites don’t share provider information
3 Things to Know:
- Provider bios drive patient engagement. The Journal of Medical Internet Research reported that short provider video segments improved appointment bookings and counteracted negative provider reviews because the content “provided the evidence needed to help make up their own minds.”
- Credentials are critical. Patients want to know provider education, training, and personal and cultural background. Research has shown this is “a key attribute of patient-centered care.”
- Action steps.
- Biographical information (use an online form for collection).
- Direct quotes, revealing something about the provider’s view on their work and why they became a provider.
- Consider a WordPress plugin for provider data management.
Extra credit: Short Zoom interviews with providers like this segment we produced for Humana.
About the drinkcaffeine Health Center Website Study:
- A sample of 237 Community Health Center websites nationally
- Each one evaluated on 12 essential performance criteria
- Confidence interval/Margin of Error: 5.8% with 95% confidence
When you’re ready to use data to solve healthcare communications problems, contact us.